Also, they say you can cancel anytime, but your profile stays on the site for the rest of the term of contract. As for being safe from predators and scammers, on all three I was approached by people trying to extort money out of me. The second I told them no way, their profile disappeared off the site.
- If you’re a senior who’s looking to meet a great match, you shouldn’t dismiss more popular dating sites for under 50s.
- Particularly with senior dating sites, you should be aware of popular online dating scams and bots designed to not only waste your time, but potentially your money too.
- And of course there are many online dating services that cater to seniors.
- For example, dating sites run by AARP and OurTime are only for singles over age 50.
- If you’re new to online dating, or have only heard horror stories about dates gone wrong, you might be surprised by how fun, easy, and safe it can be to meet people via the web.
There is no “proof” anywhere on any of these sites that anyone is who they say they are. You upload pictures of yourself and create your profile details, and can change it at anytime. Only one provided a way to report scammers and the one that did was totally unresponsive to my report. After these experiences I’ve sworn off dating sites in perpetuity. Or maybe I am, since I tried them 3 times before giving up. But did you know that it has a section dedicated to senior dating?
Stepping Into Online Dating
However, unlike other sites, you can see unobstructed photos of other members without having to upgrade to a paid account. When these sites first emerged, many people regarded online dating as the last stop when all else failed. Developed in 2001, Senior Match is consistently ranked among the top senior dating sites for adults over 50.
It does, but here you can be matched with someone a little older or younger, rather than staying within the strict 50+ guidelines of some senior dating sites. And Match claims to have inspired twice as many marriages as any other dating sites.
There is also a confirmation and verification process so that the site and other members can confirm your age, gender, work, education, and other personal details. They claim monthly subscriptions, but charge the whole term of the subscription up front! The shorter the term of subscription, the higher the “monthly” cost. But if you go for a longer term of subscription, say $19/mo for six months, you pay $114 on day one!
Staying safe online is probably one of the biggest priorities for singles over 70. Unfortunately, dishonest intentions can be a problem online. This is why safety and security should be a key feature for dating sites for seniors over 70 when you’re thinking of joining one. The world of online dating has really taken off in the last few years. Nowadays, online dating is as normal as any other kind, and a great way to meet new people. We set out to find the best dating sites for those aged 50+ who are looking to meet someone new.